Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Scrapbook Day Success and FUN!

This past weekend was my annual scrapbook event, National Scrapbook Day weekend.  I had 14 lovely ladies who spent the weekend with me (well, they did go home to sleep) to create traditional and digital pages, learn about new products, create Make-n-Takes, play games, win prizes, etc...  Friday night I went to bed about 2am and not much earlier on Saturday night - but it was worth it.  Here are some of the highlights and designs we created during the weekend:


I made these cute cards and page elements using our new additions pack, Cheerful Spring.  It's a bargain at only $9.00.  Order it at my website: www.mycmsite.com/sjenkins.  Each item is pictured below separately for better viewing.








The last one with the little bird and the dragonfly is a card and I have the perfect person to send it to!

I also created some Make N Takes using our National Scrapbook Day FUN & FAB products.  All of the attendees received the Fun & Fab items in their weekend goodie bag - so they had all the materials they needed to complete each one.  I've got the directions for the Make-N-Takes all typed out in a word document if you wish to make them.  Contact me for the instructions.





This last one was my favorite.  I love using the raised adhesive to give the finished product some dimension.  You can purchase sheets of the raised adhesive here.  They are called Foam Squares.

Here are some of the the happy scrappers:

Rosanne completed a fabulous album which I will tell you about another time - it may be a surprise~

And Sally who is always VERY up to date with her photos.  She worked on multiple albums during the weekend and is known for standing up to do her scrapbooking ( I do give her a chair) and for talking to herself as she makes page design decisions.


Susie worked diligently to finish her 12X12 traditional Disney album of her family's recent trip.  Susie pointed out one funny page that she journaled about.  She had left her son and her purse on a bench while she used the restroom.  Her husband told her son to "watch mom's purse" while she was gone.  The photo shows her son eating some goldfish crackers while he stares intensely at her purse.  The purse was very safe while Susie was away from it.  Maybe Susie will post the photo in her comments.


Beth worked on a variety of projects.  Beth usually works on both digital and traditional projects while she attends workshops.  She did this weekend as well.  Here is Beth assembling some traditional pages.  She also brought us some YUMMY brownies!


Angie is not only new to scrapbooking but is a new consultant in my unit.  Angie was learning how to use all of her new tools.  The one she is using in the photo below is the number pattern from our new Creative Cuts Tool.  Her pages were beautiful!  She's a quick learner and a has a natural knack for page design.  She's also great with color!

Dorothy, like me, also has a graduating senior in High School.  She has a graduation goal but I will say that she is further along than me - I think I need to go to a workshop!


Julie and Laura were in the tool room creating their Make-n-Takes!  Julie completed a birthday album for her daughter's 13th birthday and Laura created an entire 8X8 album and added photos and journaling!  Go Laura.  Laura also won one of my sales gifts, a mini version of the Everyday Display.

Look for another post about how to create an Inspiration Board using your Everyday Display.  OR... just use it for it's intended purpose with our NEW display accents.  See them here and here.

There were a TON of new products to highlight during the event.  I will be featuring some of them individually on the blog.  Check back to see details about those!  For now - Happy Scrapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...