Saturday, October 8, 2011

"Reflecting" on Halloween Pages

The newest Creative Memories Power Palette is called Reflections - I've been thinking a lot about reflections lately -I guess you could say I've been "reflecting" on the idea.

I came across this digital Halloween themed page layout on the Creative Memories Digital Project Center.  What I love best about this layout (besides the fact that it's awful cute) is ONE - it showcases SIX photos - while impact, single photo pages can be very powerful, I like to put a lot of photos on a page.  But TWO - I REALLY LOVE the reflection of the Jack-O-Lanterns in the wooden table.

Reflections in photos add a dimensional element to the photograph - you see the item, but you see how it's attached to the world - in this case you truly know it's sitting on a table.  There are all types of reflections in photography that I delight in...mirrors, glass doors, water, raindrops, even a Christmas Ball... but this Halloween page shows reflection in our relevant season.


Pumpkin Carving

Halloween photos are some of my favorites because they are usually fun... even the scary ones are fun because they aren't REAL scary, they are manufactured scary, inventive scary.

Reflect on YOUR Halloween Haunting this season and get in the "frame" of mind to make some scary pages.  Happy Digi-Scrapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...