Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Never too late for a Thank You!







Over a month ago a friend made me dinner (and dessert and brought a flower)!  When she delivered the meal in a casserole dish, I washed it right away and vowed to give it back to her in a speedy return.  So, I popped together a little thank you card, put it in the casserole pan and took it straightaway to my car.  Later that day I loaded the car with groceries and so, the casserole pan took a trip to the trunk and was soon forgotten.  Nevermind that I see my friend TWICE A WEEK pretty much every week at running group - when I'm in the SAME CAR as the casserole pan waiting patiently in the trunk to be returned... Nevermind that I'd tell myself every night before running group that I would return it the next day.  ALAS... today, the lonely and forlorn glass serving dish headed home with it's rightful owner.  SO glad was I that I had made a lovely little flowery thank you card to accompany it and the overdue return seemed less offensive.



Here's my thank you card.  When I saw it today, I remembered how easy it was to make and how much I LOVED giving her a hand made card.  I used 2 pieces of retired Creative Memories paper from my stash and some Power Palette Flowers and sparkly embellishments.  I wrote a note on a storybox journaling paper and tacked it to the back with tape runner.   I used foam squares between the layers of my flowers.  The foam gave the flowers a bit of dimension.  I finished up with a sticker title made from retired orange ABC letters.

Product Image
Paper Flowers - Enchanted
Link to Purchase
Product Image
Epoxy Stickers - Enchanted
Link to Purchase
I've listed photos and links to some of the products I used.  I LOVE these products to decorate a scrapbook page or to create a fast and fabulous card.  Did you ever have someone do something for you that deserved a thank you but then you were really late responding with a note?  Well - if so - send them a belated thank you - it's never too late to give or get a hand made thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...