Friday, July 29, 2011

How to Save and Change Digital Borders in SBC+

In my last post about saving and re-coloring the borders you create, I made an error.  In Storybook, if you save a grouped item as content (embellishment), you cannot ungroup it when you select it from your content to re-use it in another project.

However, the way I save my borders to re-use and re-color may work for you.  Here’s how.

First, create a new project.  I choose a 12X12 page prints project.  I gave mine the title “borders.”  When I create a border, I save it in a page in my project.  When I want to REUSE a border in another project, I open my project BORDERS and copy and paste the grouped border into the other project I’m working on. 
 
Remember, SBC+ allows you to have up to 3 projects open at the same time and switching between them is very easy.  You don’t have to close and open each one, just click on the little blue photo album in the upper left corner of your SBC screen and you will see a list that says “Current Documents.”  To select another open project, just click it from the list.

Another thing you can do to save a border is to save it as a page template.  A page template is similar to a click & fill page and if you follow Pixels2Pages, a blueprint page (now forbidden).  However, you can make your own page templates and save them for your own use.  The fabulous pixies at P2P have written up some information about making and saving your own page templates for future use.  Click HERE for the writeup they did on their P2P website and click HERE for a question they answered on their Facebook page. Saving a border so that you can change its individual elements at a later time can be saved the same way. 

I actually have a LOT of borders saved right now and my one borders project is feeling a little unorganized.  You may wish to have more categories of borders and store each one in a project with a name that reflects the borders you have contained within.
 
Speaking of P2P, they will be going “off the air” for a few weeks in August to make some changes to their website, so if you need instructions from their website or from a recent challenge page they created, look it up soon!  The P2P facebook fan page will be up and running during their website downtime. Go here for their facebook page. I believe you need to be logged into your FB account for the FB links in this blogpost to direct you to the correct place.

If you want to make sure you don’t miss anything on my blogs, you can also go to my facebook fan page (called Fly the Coop Crafts) by clicking HERE and then LIKE my page.  You’ll get updates posted to your fb wall.  If you need any clarification about this post, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me.  You can email me at this address.  Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...