Thursday, May 9, 2013

Card Trick Squares: NSD 2013 Tutorial


Card trick is actually a quilting pattern.  I discovered it years ago in a quilting book.  Then, I re-visited card trick about 10 years ago when I taught a Creative Memories Crop Talk lesson about quilting.  There were two lessons about quilting and I taught them over and over again - they were a big hit.

The NSD Seasons paper pack kind of reminds me of quilt fabric and the card trick pattern came to mind.

Let's start making the card trick.  Card trick uses the Shape Maker tool with the square cartridge for its squares, but the squares can be cut with a 7" trimmer as well.  The samples use the NSD Seasons Paper Pack.








Check out my sample at the top of the page to see how I used very simple embellishments for my card trick design.  Consider making them out of smaller squares and putting one in each corner of a traditional page.

This lesson is the first of several in the theme of Simplify with Squares.  I also did a series of lessons and tutorials about Simplify with Circles.  Check circle lesson #1 here.  Search the blog for 4 other circle lessons using the NSD paper.

Next up - Simplify with Squares/Rectangle Ribbons - stay tuned for MANY more NSD lessons.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...